Monday, February 22, 2010

Sometimes you should keep it to yourself

Recently John Mayer has done a couple interviews where he shared a little too much. I am not judging his point of view I say to each his own. I do have a problem with him sharing so much with the whole wide world. Mostly the parts that involved other people namely exgirlfriends. Where is his sense of decorum? Gentlemen do not kiss and tell.

I wish we as a society didnt enjoy the media circus so much. From Britney to Tiger we seem to wallow in their trials and tribulations. Frankly if camaras were on the average person constantly we would see much the same. Everyone has their weaknesses and foibles. We all do things, say things, text things etc. that in the wrong hands would be misconstrued or seem disgusting or preverse.

I honestly did not think Tiger owed any of us an apology. Yea I know he is considered a role model blah blah blah. Well stop having athletes, rock stars and movie stars for role models. Lets be role models for the kids in our lives. My biggest role model growing up was my Dad. I learned how to be a good person from him. He taught me to be honest, to treat others, kindly to be fair to appreciate my family. He did this by example as well as taking time to talk to me. I know I was lucky growing up with lots of extended family, great siblings and involved parents.

I ask that you be mindful of the young people you interact with daily. The smallest moment can have a profound effect on a kid. Think back at moments that stand out from your childhood. You probably will find that some of the smallest interactions had a profound efffect on you positive or negetive.

keep smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment