Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My shop...

Today i finally got myself to begin cleaning my shop. I moved into this house almost 6 months ago and my shop is just a jumbled mess. As I did project thru out the house and unpacked boxes the shop has become a stopping ground for things. I am constantly clearing out one thing and bringing in another. There are tools, spare furniture and boxes of random things. Makes it sound like a big shop but its not. Just enough room for my desk and tool chest. It will be a challenge to actually use it for building things.
So as I was going through boxes of items to store in my desk I came across the folder holding various things from when my mom passed away. There were a few cards and copies of what the monsignor read as well as from my brother and I. I couldnt help but cry while I went through the folder. My mother passed in 2005 and I still miss her very much. I remember my Mother talking about how much she missed her mom who she lost when she was only 12. At the time of that conversation I had no concept of what it would feel like to lose my Mom. Actually I dont think even now i understand the grief.
And though it made me cry to look at this folder and think of my mom. I also have this really good positive feeling when I think of my family, especially from that week. It was so wonderful to have them all there and my extended family. To see the out pouring of love from her friends and all my siblings friends. No matter the sadness I feel I dont feel unlucky, because I know how very lucky I am. I got to have my mom well into my adult life.
Tell your Mom you love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment