Monday, February 21, 2011

Family





I am thankful that I have such an amazing family.



Sunday was my fathers birthday, we lost him in 2007 and still miss him very much. We all have our way of honoring him whether it be pancakes for breaffast (yes i meant breaf not break), cherry pie, or a shot of crappy Canadian whiskey. I was lucky to get to see a lot of my siblings because we had a baby shower for my niece Z! This will be our third grand niece! Medora and her lovely partner have adorable twin girls!


Being among my brothers and sisters I can see so much of my Father. His humor - I think most of us at one time or another sing silly made up songs. His integrity - We all strive to be good people. His love of family- There were 3 generations at this baby shower all interacting with each other.


I know I can call anyone of my 8 siblings at anytime, for that matter anyone of my wonderful nieces or nephews. I wish that all the grandkids had gotten to know him better but I believe that older ones will share stories as well as us siblings. He was very important to all of us and taught us so much about being a good person.


Though each year it gets a little easier, I still find myself hit by this loss at unique times. Occasionally its watching my nieces or nephews do something or seeing him in my brothers as they talk. I was hit deeply by losing my Mother and my Fathers passing came too soon after. I count myself lucky to have had such wonderful parents and that they created this marvelous crazy family. I have 14 nieces and nephews and soon 3 great nieces, 8 siblings, 6 in laws and many cousins and friends!


My Father rarely was without a smile. He was the one who inspires me to Keep Smiling!



Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment