Thursday, January 28, 2010

The gym

Off to the gym this morning after struggling just to get out of bed. Below zero and a sharp wind but at least the sun is shining. Usually the parking lot is pretty full but today not so much. As I pulled in and chose the aisle to go down some one else was coming up it. Luckily there were two spaces right next to each other. Unfortunately the one I went into had a big truck taking up part of it so my tail end stuck out. The other fellow parked easily next to me as I had to back out and go for a space a little further away. I resisted the urge to curse out the truck as I didnt want the fellow to think I was cursing him. As I got out of my car I noticed the fellow looking at the space I didn't take and I said "That truck is taking up too much space." He agreed with me and as we walked into the gym we chatted about the chill. I realized this was the first time I had talked to anyone at the gym.
He was one of the older fellows who comes every morning. There is a group of them I have noticed they always smile and nod to each other as they come and go. Occasionally they group and chat but not for long. I usually dont really interact with anyone at the gym just change and get on my treadmill with my ipod. But I was thinking this morning it would be fun to be a part of these old guys smile and nod thing. I have decided that tomorrow morning I will smile and nod at my parking lot fellow if I see him. He probably wont remember me but hopefully he'll smile back. Then spend the rest of his work out wondering why that lady smiled and nodded at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment