Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Songs

What songs make you smile?
What songs make you cry?
I am watching John Prine sing on TV. He sings a simple song about regular things and he makes me cry. Is it the song that makes me cry or is it him? Or is it the mix of the two? Maybe the addition of the time and place is really what evokes the mood.
If I am having a bad day or am grumpy I can play the song Domino and it will make me smile. Something about the horns in it just picks me up. I also love Van Morrison and his voice.
Perhaps it is my the sentimental side of me, that comes from my Dad. I connect songs to people and moments. Domino forever will be connected to the remodeling of my brothers store. Working with my sisters and brothers the difficult times and the fun of cranking Domino in the big empty store and every single one of us breaking into song.

Music is so wonderful!

keep smiling!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment